Top 6 Opportunities after GATE Exam | Benefits
There can be two things. You may have given the GATE exam and want to look for a better opportunity. Or, you are the GATE aspirant and exploring opportunities and future scope through the GATE.
In this article, I guide you through the best opportunities after GATE exam.
If you have given the GATE 2020 exam, I don’t know if you are satisfied with your GATE score or not. But, this is the reality and you have to accept.
Depending on your GATE score and rank, it opens the door for multiple opportunities.
Opportunities after GATE Exam
Let’s see one-by-one.
- If you have a good GATE rank (probably below AIR 2500), apply for the MTech/MS in IITs, IIITs, NITs, BITS, etc. Check the college preference based on your GATE rank. It will give you a fair idea about the possibility of admission in these institutes. We all know the life after getting admission into these prestigious institutes. It’s just a dream come true for many.
- If you don’t have a good rank and still want to pursue a master’s, you can get admission into any private institutes. Doing your master’s from these colleges, you can expect only a decent job or lectureship opportunity.
- If you don’t have a good GATE score to get admission for master’s in any of the top institutes, you still have another chance to get into these institutes. You can apply for “Project Associate”. Being “Project associate” you have to assist the professor in his/her project. You will not get any graduation certificate, but an experience certificate. This experience certificate will add value when you look for the job outside. Many of the institutes look for the project associate and interns. You can check here. They expect that you should have a fair understanding of the given project apart from your good academic performance.
Job/PSUs Opportunities through GATE Exam
- Some of the PSUs offer jobs through the GATE exam. Getting into government has become very difficult and competition is too high. So, you need a really good rank to get the job into PSU companies. Some of the PSUs that offer jobs through GATE exams are BARC, AAI, etc.
- If you don’t’ get enough rank to qualify for the BARC through the GATE exam, BARC also conducts a separate exam. Check the BARC syllabus. It’s almost similar to the GATE exam. So, you don’t need to prepare something outside. Be alert for all the upcoming notifications for different PSUs.
- If you are good at teaching and have a good GATE rank, you can try your luck for tutoring in GATE coaching classes like ACE, Made Easy. They pay handsomely per class. You can opt for part-time as well as full-time.
What are the Benefits of Qualifying GATE?
Frankly, without getting a good rank, qualifying GATE will not be much useful.
Whether getting PSU jobs or admission into the top institutes, you need a good rank. Qualifying or clearing GATE is not enough.
If you are qualified in the first attempt, it will give you good confidence. You can prepare well for the next attempt.
The basics you learn for qualifying the GATE exam will also boost your knowledge. This will be useful for job interview preparation.
What if You don’t get Admission into a Top College?
Let’s say you don’t have a good GATE score to get admission to any of the top institutes like IITs, NITs, IIITs or BITs. I don’t recommend you to take admission in any local college. After completing post-graduation from these colleges you can only get descend jobs, that you can get right now after completing your BE or BTech. (There can be some exceptions though.)
Otherwise, look for the job and simultaneously you can also prepare for next year’s GATE exam. Follow the self-study plan for GATE preparation. I have curated this study plan based on my personal experience and by analyzing strategies followed by many of the top GATE rankers.
These are all the opportunities after GATE exam. If you are still in doubt and need guidance, comment below. I will try my best to help you.
All the best!