IBM ISL Interview Questions and Candidate Experience | Set 2
I am a student of CSE in M.Tech. There was campus placement and IBM ISL visited our campus. So it is on-campus placement. They offered the job profile of Software Engineer in ISL IBM. I am sharing IBM ISL interview questions and my experience getting into IBM.
Before heading to IBM ISL interview questions, let me tell you. I have work experience of 2 years before joining M.Tech.
I am glad to get this full-time employment offer from IBM ISL. Job location is in Bangalore.
So here is IBM ISL interview questions and my experience.
IBM ISL Written Test Questions
There were 2 rounds of written test.
Online MCQ Test:
First was the IBM IPAT online test for 90 minutes, containing 18 number series questions and 18 quantitative aptitude questions. There was a time limit of 2 minutes and 15 seconds for each question.
Written Pen and Paper Test:
Those who cleared the IPAT test were called for another test which was pen and paper test.
It has 30 questions to be solved in 40 minutes.
It was containing questions from different topics like C output questions, Operating Systems, computer networks, C++, etc.
You should know, how does computer network work in actual.
IBM ISL Interview Questions
Interview Round 1 (Technical):
- Tell me about yourself.
- Give a brief about your job role when you were working? (Since I had work experience earlier.)
- How you debug any error in the program?
- C questions related to storage classes. Asked in detail about each of them.
Solution: Read Storage Classes in C and C++. It has explained with an example.
- How does function call work internally?
- What is paging? Why we need it? What are the disadvantages of it?
- What is Thrashing in the operating system?
- What is Deadlock?
Solution: Do read deadlock in the operating system in detail.
- Write a program to check if the given queue is circular or not.
- Write a recursive program to generate Fibonacci series.
- A detailed discussion about my internship project.
Solution: Explain how the internship program helped you in your career.
You can see, most the interview question on the operating system. So do focus on it.
This technical interview lasted for about 45-50 minutes. Then they ask me for an HR interview.
Interview Round 2 (HR):
- Tell me about yourself.
- Discussion about my projects.
- What are the different technologies you are interested in?
- What do you know about IBM?
- Do you know our different products? Have you used any of them?
To crack this round, be prepared for some of the common HR interview questions.
To tackle the questions in HR round you should know some knowledge about IBM and their products. Go through the IBM web page, it will help you many ways. Also, listen carefully if there is any pre-placement presentation by IBM.
Read: Also, read other sets of IBM ISL interview experience.
Any Remark/ Advice for New Job Aspirants
Do separate preparation for number series questions. This is what I find different from all other companies placement test. Check GATE questions on the operating system and computer networks. Pen and paper test for C should be prepared very well.
Hope this IBM ISL interview questions will help you for your placement.
All the best!
Editor’s Note: Thanks, Candidate for sharing your interview experience. Anyone can share their experience by simply filling this Google Form.
Leave a Reply