Persistent Written Test and Technical Coding Questions [Paper Pattern]
Hi Guys, I am Rahul Gawale. I would like to share my experience and Persistent coding questions asked in Persistent Systems Ltd.
Persistent Written Test Pattern
In Persistent placement paper, first, there was an aptitude test of 60 marks time limit was 60 min. There is no negative marking, so you can attempt all the questions.
All objective questions were based on SE, DBMS, C, C++, OS, Software testing.
Seven aptitude questions were also there. You should have special skills for solving aptitude test questions.
You have to write two programs and one passage. Each program has 20 minutes and the passage is for 10 minutes.
There were two technical rounds.
Persistent Interview Questions asked in Technical Round
Basically you should be perfect in that, which you have mentioned in your resume. All questions will be based on that.
All C++, C, Java programming you must do the network programming, database, and file handling.
There may be questions like finding the name of persons from a table whose salary is the second highest?
Suppose table schema is emp(eid, ename, mngrid). Write a query to display the name of the manager with respect to every employee.
- What is a composite primary key?
- What is a weak entity?
- There were also questions like- what is the difference between mutex_lock and semaphore?
- What is the producer-consumer problem?
- Find the 3rd last element from the linked list?
- Find the middle element of the linked list with minimum time complexity?
- How to reverse the linked list?
Coding Questions asked in Persistent Interview:
- Write Cprogram to upload the file to another pc connected in the network?
- Write C program to download the file from the network?
Not necessary, you will be asked for the same questions. So always prepare yourself to solve most common coding questions asked in the interview.
Linux Questions asked in Persistent Interview:
There was only two questions on Linux to me.
Because I have mentioned Linux in my resume. If you don’t mention in your resume may be there will be no questions on Linux.
- You have to run any command on the specific time in a day, what will you do?
- The certain process is running there. You have to keep the process alive even you log out the system, how to do this?
HR Interview Questions asked in Persistent
There will be one HR round for an interview.
If you perform well in first technical interviews, you will get selected for HR directly.
Once you get into the HR round, you have 90% chances of being selected.
HR is nominal. First, they will ask you some common HR interview questions. Later, you have to speak five minutes on a topic they asked for or about your hobby.
One tip: If interviewer expects some question from you, it means they are likely to select you, you should ask questions.
Editor’s Note: Thanks, Rahul for sharing your experience and Persistent coding questions asked in Interview. Hope this will help many preparing for Persistent. All the best for your future.