DE Shaw Interview Questions and Placement Paper
Hi Guys, I am sharing my De Shaw interview questions and placement paper experience. Hope it will help you to prepare for placement.
DE Shaw India visited our NIT college campus for placement. I am glad to be placed in DE Shaw.
DE Shaw placement procedure consists of written test on paper and 3 interview rounds. Interview rounds include two technical interviews and one HR round.
DE Shaw Placement Paper: Written Test
In the written test, there is aptitude as well as technical MCQ questions. Technical MCQ includes C, CPP, and Java programming MCQ questions. There are some technical questions from Computer Science core subjects like Operating System, Computer Network, Database Management System, Data Structure…
20 minutes have allotted for the written test. A written test is on paper. So keep a pen, a pencil, and rough sheets if not provided.
After the MCQ test, there is a coding test. It is also on paper. So it is not necessary to write exact syntax but, but logic should be correct to solve the coding problem. 20 minutes have allotted to write code on paper.
- Reverse the Linked List from the middle element.
Find some important Linked List questions for practice. It will be very helpful for almost in every placement interviews.
If you are preparing for the coding round, check these 50+ interview coding questions.
DE Shaw Interview Questions for 1st Technical Round:
It went for almost 1 hour. I am not remembering all and exact questions, but below are few.
- An interviewer asked me questions on packet fragmentation from Computer Network.
- How do fragmented packets get assembled at the destination?
- I have mentioned image processing as my project. So they asked me some questions related to image processing.
- After that interviewer moved to Database Management System and asked some SQL queries related to “group by correlation”.
- Coding question on the matrix:
You have given a NxN matrix with all elements 0s and 1s. Write a program to set every row that contains a 0 to all 0s. Similarly for a column, set every column that contains a 0 to all 0s.
- Some theoretical questions were asked from C, CPP.
- What is dynamic casting?
- Tell me anout inline function in C?
- What is the polymorphism and run-time polymorphism in Java?
DE Shaw Interview Questions for 2nd Interview Round:
This interview is all about C, CPP and to judge coding skills. Some questions that I remember are as follows:
- What is the significance of stdio.h header file in C?
- Where does this file locate in actual C installed file hierarchy?
- Write a code to implement polymorphism using the structure in C and using function pointer?
- How to implement variable numbers of arguments in a function?
DE Shaw HR Interview Questions:
Many take HR round as formality. But this HR round was tricky.
The interviewer started with some common HR questions such as- Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to join DEshaw Company?
They really stretched me over “Why should not hire you?”. You should be prepared for these kinds of most common HR interview questions.
After this, they asked me to solve some puzzles. Puzzles include racecourse puzzle, ant climbs up and down.
Note: Visit DE Shaw website. You should go through the company profile before the HR round. It will help you to tackle some HR round questions about Company.
In the end, and complete busy schedule of a day, I am happy to be a part of the De Shaw.
Good Luck and give your Best! I would love to see you there.
Editors’ Note: Thank you for sharing DE Shaw Interview Questions and Placement Paper. CSEstack team wishes you all the best for your future.