55 Data Structure and Interview Coding Questions for Freshers
Whether you are a fresher or experienced candidate, the basic skill you need to master to land a good job is a data structure.
You can never learn data structure by reading books. It is all about PRACTICING.
The more you practice, the better you become.
I will tell you the complete actionable plan to master data structure and coding questions.
Here you go…
Step 1: Choose your weapon (aka programming language)...
Step 2: Use our battle ground
You can practice and execute your code in our online CSEstack IDE. You don’t need any setup.
Step 3: Keep practicing...
Here is the list of the interview coding questions, categorized by the data structure. Solving these coding questions will help you to improve your data structure knowledge. This will also improve your logic-building skill.
Whether you are a fresher or an experienced candidate, no one can stop you from mastering data structure and programming.
- What is array | traversing array (C/C++)
- Find the smallest and largest number in array?
- Find second smallest element in array.
- Write a program to Sort elements in array?
- How to search element in sorted array?
- Write a program to find the missing number in a given integer array of 1 to 100.
- Write a program to find the duplicate number from the given integer array.
- How to find the transpose of the matrix? (asked in Zoho interview)
- How to calculate the median of the array? (asked in Zoho interview)
- How to create/implement Linked List? (C/C++)
- Write a program to reverse Linked List. (C/C++, Java)
- Find middle element in the Linked List.
- Write a program to identify if the Linked List is circular.
- How to find n’th element from the last, if size of the LinkedList is unknown? (asked in Morgan Stanley)
- Find the first duplicate/repeated character in the string. (Python)
- Write a program to check if the substring is present in the given string. (C/C++)
- Write a program to reverse the given string. (Python)
- How to reverse a string without affecting special characters?
- How to convert the given string to an integer value? (C/C++)
- Write a program to check the Palindrome String. (C/C++)
- Write a program to check the Anagram String. (C/C++)
- Remove white spaces from the given string. (C/C++)
- Find all the permutation of the given string. (Python)
- Find Remainder without using Modulus Operator
- Remove all the duplicates characters from the string
- Introduction to binary tree
- How to create binary tree?
- Binary tree traversal (Pre/In/Post Order Traversal)
- Write a program to find the height of binary tree.
- How to implement level order traversal?
- Understanding min and max heap.
- How to find the ancestors of a given node?
- Write a program to find lowest common ancestor in BT.
- Write a program to check if the given tree is subtree or not.
- Count the number of ones in the binary string. (C/C++)
- How to Find 2’s Complement?
- Write a program to convert the Decimal number to Binary. (C/C++)
- Multiply/Divide by two using Bitwise Operator
- Find the nth Bit of Number (Bit Masking)
- Count the Number of Set Bits
- Check Odd/Even Number without using Modulo
- Swap Two Number using XOR Operation
Step 4: Share your code and help other
- You get exposure.
- You learn more when you share with others.
Got a question?
Write in the comment. I would like to help you.
Connect and learn together