Cognizant Interview Questions and Answers for Fresher [Latest Experience]
I am fresher and got my interview last week. Here, I am sharing my experience and interview questions for Cognizant. I am sure it will help you if you are preparing for Cognizant placement.
Cognizant is also known as Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS).
Cognizant Interview Questions and Answers for Fresher:
There were two rounds. One was the technical interview round and another was the HR round. I am listing out all the questions I was asked in both the rounds.
Technical Interview Questions And Answer:
At first, they took my technical interview. It took around 15 to 20 minutes.
They asked me very simple questions from computer science topics. I remember some of the questions. Here are those…
- Why do we use indexing in DBMS? What’s the purpose of it?
Answer: Indexing is used to identify the rows in the table. Indexing speed up the searching of appropriate rows from the table for select commands.
Indexing can be a unique index. For example, the primary key of the column of the table. In this, you can not have duplicate values.
- What are the different database keys in DBMS?
- I have mentioned multiple programming languages on my resume. So they asked me. Which programming language do you like the most among C/C++ programming and Java programming?
Answer: I said “Java”.
- Why do you prefer Java than other programming languages?
- Tell me about Java.
- When I said Java is platform Independent Language. They asked – What do mean by Java is platform independent?
- Then she moved to some pointer related questions. Where do you find pointer useful?
- What is the use of a NULL pointer in programming?
They don’t ask you any difficult questions as you are fresher. Just stick with the basic concepts. It will help you.
HR Interview Questions and Answers:
After the first round, they called me to go for HR round. In that round, they asked me some basic questions.
- Who is your inspiration?
- I am from Orissa state in India. So they asked – What is very famous in Orissa state.
- Apart from studies what do like to do in your free time?
Answer: Here you can say your different hobbies or the game you play.
- Do you have any problems if we are relocating you somewhere other than Orissa?
Answer: I said no. And you should say the same if they ask you.
- They forward one letter to me and asked to put my signature on it.
Answer: Always read the letter before you sign it. It’s not just for your safety but also leaves your good impression on HR people.
- And the last one was… Do you have any questions for me?
I see all these questions are random and you can be asked for any related questions. For practice, you can go through some common questions asked in HR interview rounds.
After the HR round, they told me to go for the document verification. They check if we have all the originals documents. They will keep the Xerox copy of all the documents and will return you all original documents.
Read also: Other Cognizant Interview Questions
This is all about the Cognizant interview questions and answers for fresher with complete placement procedure.
After a few days, I got an email as I am shortlisted. In an email, they have mentioned as I will get the offer letter after a week or two after verifying all my documents again. And I am waiting for the offer letter now…
Hope this will help other guys those who are going to attend the Cognizant drive in the future…
All the best guys!
This Cognizant interview questions and answers for fresher are shared by the Anonymous candidate. We wish him/her very all the best for the future.