Top 5 Programming Languages to Learn in 2020
3 main factors based on which this Top 5 programming languages to learn in 2020:
- How long will it take for you to learn the programming language even though you are a beginner and start making projects? If you are working in a startup your main concern is how fast you can build a project from scratch.
- How’s the job market of the programming language and salary insights?
- Overall productivity is- whether it will be useful for you; whether you will get a job as a developer or not; and whether as startups are you able to build projects at a faster rate with less workforce.
Here you go…
Top Programming Languages in 2020
(Going in reverse order. My top programming choice will be listed at the end of this blog post)
This is an object-oriented programming language.
- The main reason for the popularity of Java because it is used to make Android apps and many trading companies have their backend as java.
- Spring and Hibernate are the two extensively using java Frameworks to develop full-stack web applications in recent years.
For Android development, Java is declining in popularity and market due to Kotlin which is faster compared to it.
Salary of Java Developer:
Then also Java has a lot of jobs available and the average salary of Java developer is 103 thousand dollars per year according to indeed.com.
Update: New version of Java has released- New Features in Java 12
Swift is a programming language used to develop IOS apps.
- The main advantage is that they are used to build apps that can be put in the apple play store and you can earn a lot from that.
- Swift is a beginner-friendly language and it is very easy to learn compared to other programming languages like java.
Earning Opportunity for iOS Developer:
It’s not gaining or losing its popularity as it is the only standard way to develop iOS apps.
The swift developer can freelance or there are lots of high paid iOS developer jobs that are available in the market.
The structured Query language is one of the most popular programming languages. Many people may argue that this is not the popular programming language as NoSQL has come.
- SQL is the language of databases and 90% of companies are still using relational databases in one or the other applications.
- Any popular website or app that we are using in our day to day life saves, updates and displays our information which is done with SQL.
- In Indian market PHP and SQL forms, a deadly combo and lots of jobs are available as a backend developer.
- If you want to become a backend developer or a full-stack developer, SQL is in your top of the list.
Salary Of SQL Developer:
The average salary of a SQL developer is 89 thousand Dollar according to indeed.com. This is a language that every software developer should know especially.
If you are interested in Java, Vue JS is the best front-end framework to learn.
This is the most popular programming language according to the Google trends, PYPL(Popularity of Programming Language) index.
I keep Python at the top of my list. There are lots of reasons for putting Python as my most favorite top programming language for 2020.
- Python is a general-purpose programming language and can be used for a variety of purposes.
- Big companies using Python include Google, Youtube, Dropbox, Instagram and Reddit and many more.
- With Python, you can do Web development, Android app development, Machine learning, Automation, Deep Learning, Data Science and what not.
- Python has gained its popularity and importance due to Data Science as it is used extensively in applications like Self driving cars and robotics.
- The most important advantage of Python is that it is the beginner-friendly language compared to all the programming language and develop real-world apps.
These are my picks for top programming languages in 2020. What’s you take form this article? Let me know your choice for the best programming language in the comment.